There’s never been a better time to start exploring all the exciting features Windows Azure has to offer. With Web Sites, Cloud Services, Virtual Machines, Mobile Services, Service Bus, and so much more, there’s a plethora of features available with Windows Azure. My colleague David Pallmann points out 10 Reasons to Take a Fresh Look at Windows Azure.
Starting this month, Microsoft is conducting a series of developer focused events designed to show developers how they can create exciting, scalable, modern applications powered by Windows Azure. These events will be held in 23 select cities across the country and will be lead by local Microsoft partners with expertise in Windows Azure. My company, Neudesic, will be the lead partner in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Portland, San Antonio, and San Diego. In fact, I’ll be leading the charge in Cleveland and Cincinnati!
|10/17||Salt Lake City||11/12||San Jose|
|10/23||Oklahoma City||11/14||San Diego|
Get Windows Azure
- Sign-up for a free 90-day trial if you don’t already have a Windows Azure subscription.
- Activate your Preview features (web sites, virtual machines, etc.)
- Sign into WindowsAzure.com
- Click on the “Account” page
- Click on “Preview Features”
- Click “Try it Now” to activate the preview features
Bring your laptop
- PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio 2010 SP1
- Windows Azure Training Kit
- Install the Windows Azure SDK. You can use either Visual Studio 2010 or 2012 – just pick the SDK version right for you.