At the SQL PASS Summit this week Microsoft has made several very welcome announcements regarding new SQL Azure features.
- SQL Azure Reporting CTP is now broadly available. This update includes new features such as worldwide availability, self-provisioning, and official Microsoft support.
- SQL Azure Data Sync Preview is also now available. This updated version is now included in the Windows Azure Management Portal and includes much more granular control over synched data sets (table and row level filtering), conflict resolution, and a slick task based UI for configuration.
But what, there’s more! Coming later this year are several new features that many have been asking for.
- Max database size grows to 150 GB
- SQL Azure Federation (sharding)
- Detailed management features including ability to monitor performance stats and query plans
Check out the full announcement here.